Heather’s Rating: 8/10
Arthur’s Rating: 7/10
Average Score: 7.5/10
This dip was missing it’s creaminess and did not re-heat as well as the Beer Cheese Dip. Although, it was still delicious with salty, crunchy chips.
We used Taste of Home’s recipe. It was pretty simple and would go over well at parties.
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Bagel chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place spinach in a colander over a bowl; squeeze dry, reserving 1 cup spinach liquid.
- In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium heat. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Stir in flour until blended; gradually whisk in milk and reserved spinach liquid. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until thickened. Stir in 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, cream cheese, ricotta cheese, seasonings and spinach; cook and stir until blended.
- Transfer to a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and top is lightly browned. Remove from oven; top with remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake 4-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with bagel chips. Yield: 14 servings (1/4 cup each).